- District Info
- Parents & Students
- Staff Resources
- Student Activites
Parent involvement is the cornerstone of a quality school program. In Bristol Bay we are lucky to have great support from our parents and community. There are lots of opportunities for parents to be involved in our school, here's a short list of ideas...
- Help your child with their daily homework and help them keep up in their daily assignments.
- Volunteer in the classroom or help with our strategic planning efforts.
- Help by serving as a representative on a school or district committee.
- Consider attendance at an evening math night or game night.
- Join our Booster Club and help support student activities.
- Be a mentor or role model for a child who wants some help.
There are a lot of things you can do to make a difference. Stop by the office and see where we can best use your energy and skills.
The Alaska Parent Information and Resource Center (AKPIRC) provides parents, families, educators, and communities with information and training. AKPIRC is also a resource for parents and schools to better understand the importance of parent involvement and what parent involvement is and looks like.
Parent Involvement Policies
Our District Parent Involvement Board Policy and our schools' Parent Involvement Plan are below. Our Naknek Elementary & Bristol Bay Middle/High School plans are incorporated into one plan and this plan was finalized November 2009. An annual review will be done at our Fall Parent Advisory Committee meetings. If you would like more information or would like to submit comments you may so so by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 246-4225.
|BBBSD Schools' Parent Involvement Plan||81.27 KB|
|District Parent Involvement Policy BP 6020 & BP 6171||600.88 KB|